Nashotah House Statement of Institutional Purpose
Adopted by the Board of Trustees, October 24, 2013
Nashotah House Mission Statement
As an heir of the Oxford Movement and inspired by Jackson Kemper, the First Missionary Bishop of the Episcopal Church, Nashotah House exists to form persons for ministry in the breadth of the Catholic Tradition, for the Episcopal Church, the wider Anglican Communion, and our Ecumenical Partners, thus continuing to serve our historic role as “The Mission”, empowering the Church for the spread of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Nashotah House Objective Statement
The Mission is expressed through the following objectives:
1. Being a community of learning and scholarship committed to the theological principles, ethical norms, and practices of the Catholic Tradition of Anglican Christianity.
2. Continuing our founding as a Mission and House of formation, primarily for ordained ministry, but also for lay ministry, in training Christians to "take the Gospel to the ends of the earth."
3. Providing high quality academic and formational preparation to those seeking a classical theological education in the context of an Anglo- Catholic community demonstrating a faithful character, a faithful intellect, and a faithful practice.
Nashotah House Commitment Statement
As a formation and information center to send out missionaries to congregations and institutions both domestic and international; Nashotah House is committed to:
1. Maintain and foster belief in the orthodox Christian faith.
2. Establish and maintain a Christian community formed through the Benedictine disciplines of prayer, study, and work.
3. Uphold the Anglican heritage of daily prayer and corporate worship in the Catholic Tradition.
4. Encourage academic excellence in the mastery of a classical theological curriculum.
5. Equip students for the practical work of Christian ministries.
6. Provide Continuing Education for all engaged in Christian ministries.
7. Provide training and educational programs for use in Christian formation within congregations of the Church.
8. Engage contemporary social concerns in light of the Gospel.
9. Support every member of the community of Nashotah House in the challenges of vocation and ministry.
10. Cultivate a vibrant Christian community which embraces all in God’s love.
© 2009-2014 Nashotah House.
All rights reserved.