The Frances Donaldson Library contains approximately 125,000 printed volumes and 287 current periodical subscriptions. Holdings are primarily theological, with strengths in biblical studies, church history, historical and systematic theology, Christian spirituality, and liturgics. The print holdings of the library are supplemented by more than 40,000 carefully selected electronic books and electronic journals--all conveniently available through the library’s catalog and its journal databases.
Built in 1910, the library was renovated and enlarged in 1982. The older portion of the building is constructed in collegiate gothic style and includes a large upper-level reading room (pictured above), a main floor with staff workroom and offices, and the reference room. The lower level contains the current periodicals area, the computer lab, a snack room with kitchenette, and a seminar room. The newer portion of the building, known as the Brady addition, is gracefully joined to the old by a three-story atrium with skylights providing indirect, natural light. The library's general stacks are housed mostly in the Brady addition. The building is fully accessible to the disabled. See the library's Floor Plan for the full design.
© 2009-2013 Nashotah House.
All rights reserved.