In December 1989, The Rev. George T. Cobbett of Oconomowoc (and a former development director at Nashotah House) donated his collection of prayer books, hymnals, and Bibles to the House. The collection was built between 1952 and 1981 and includes 51 books: a 1612 King James Bible; a 1790 first edition of the first Book of Common Prayer of the Episcopal Church; prayer books from England, Ireland, Scotland, South Africa, Ghana, India, Canada and Finland; and all the various editions of the American Prayer Book from 1790 to the present. [The library staff expects to append a bibliography of the collection to this page in the next few weeks.]
© 2009-2014 Nashotah House.
All rights reserved.